Tuesday, August 07, 2007

DURBAN -KWAZULU NATAL

I arrived in this historic part of South Afrca 2 days ago. I was looking forward to seeing the Indian Ocean and its famous beaches. The weather has not been very nice. I arrived under very windy conditions and landing by plane was not the most comfortable. It has been rainy and generally colder than expected (the daily max did not climb above 16 degrees C today). I also planned to do some running as means of conditioning myself to rugged terrain (Durban is quite hilly). Unfortunately, my luggage did not arrive. I packed my running gear in the my checked bag and now feel sorry for not packing my running gear in my carry on. The airline was not very helpful even though they told me that I could buy some essentials and keep the receipts. I almost got angry, yet the scripture I read yesterday reminded me tobe content that God's grace is sufficient to sustain me (2Cor12:9). I was also reminded of an old hymn to count my blessings and name them one by one. It just made my day and made up for the lost luggage and poor weather in Durban.

No comments:

Followers